Garrett Tucker's USSSA Nationals Thursday Notebook
The HoopSeen USSSA Nationals tipped off Thursday evening at Suwanee Sports Academy, with teams from across the country vying for an opportunity to take home the 1st place trophy in their respective age group. Several teams took a step towards that goal on the opening night of the event.
Here's what happened on Thursday in Garrett Tucker's eyes...
- K.J. Jenkins scored 23 points as Team Atlanta got past the Tampa Bayhawks in the 16U division. The 6-foot guard did a good job of scoring at the rim, as well as filling it up from behind the three-point line.
- Jeffrey White (pictured above) rattled in five three-pointers on his way to 17 points in a win for the Tampa Bayhawks in the 15U division. The sharpshooter proved to be a dangerous threat from downtown and teams will have to find him on the floor from here on out.
- Jordan Kreugar had 18 points for TNBC as they got a close win over the Indiana Flames.
- 43 Hoops defeated Wellington Wolves in the 15U division behind 18 points from Dane Zimmer.
- The Georgia Buckeyes used a duo attack in their opening game of the tournament, as Zaybin Johnson scored 14 points and Keanu Brown scored 13 points to defeat the Georgia Stars HW.
- Jaquan Adams had 16 points for the Atlanta Big Five as they got a close win over the Blue Storm in the 12U division.
- Makai Reaves scored 15 points as Charlotte Swish Blue scored an opening-night victory.