The Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions is one of the only tournaments left in the country that brings the best teams in the the nation together across shoe and non-shoe affiliations. This will be the 29th year of the tournament and its tradition of former players, teams and competition is unrivaled in grassroots basketball. In addition to HoopSeen the tournament is usually covered by ESPN, Rivals, Scout, 247 and a variety of other regional and local media outlets.
No other tournament in the country has the tradition of the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions. Not only is it one of the longest running travel tournaments around it is often remembered for its competitiveness, great games and elite players who have participated over the years. Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, John Wall, Kevin Durant and other great players have written part of their Prep stories at the Bob Gibbons TOC. Here is a list of notable players who have participated over the years. Who will write their story this year? We can't wait to find out.
Important on Schedule Requests
The Gibbons TOC is one of the largest tournaments in the country with most teams traveling from out of the state. Because of the size of this tournament we cannot honor schedule requests for this tournament. All teams registering should be available to play a Friday night game as early as 6:00pm. If you cannot play Friday night as early as 6:00pm, we recommend not registering. No refunds will be granted after the registration deadline or after the tournament is full.
All teams must complete and submit a team roster for the event.
- Complete the team roster found below
- Email a completed copy of the Roster to GibbonsRosters@gmail.com
- Information provided on the roster must be compete and accurate.
- Roster must be Submitted by email.
- Print and bring a copy of the roster to check-in
- Only players on the roster will be able to participate in the event.
- Players cannot be added to the roster once the event has begun.
All Teams MUST check-in prior to the first game. Teams will need the following items at check-in and will need to have access to until the event concludes:
- Complete and print Roster
- Copy of each player's Birth Certificates
- Copy of each player's Grade Report
- Copy of completed scoresheet found below (Players Names and # required)
- Teams will receive 3 coaching bands per team.
- Coach’s name must be on the team roster to receive band.
- Coaching bands are to be worn the entire weekend.
- Teams that fail to check-in will not be allowed to advance to bracket play.
HoopSeen is extremely excited about our continuing partnership with Connections Housing for the 2020 season. We have worked closely with Connections to provide you a range of first-rate, affordable hotel options just minutes from our main tournament venues.
ALL TEAMS OUTSIDE A 50-MILE RADIUS OF THE MAIN TOURNAMENT VENUE ARE REQUIRED TO STAY AT ONE OF THE PREFERRED HOTEL PARTNERS. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the main venue, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you may still book rooms using the link provided
**Teams that refuse to book hotels through Connections Housing will be disqualified from the tournament**
Out-of-area teams that have already registered to attend:
- Are required to book hotel rooms for all coaches and players through Connections Housing. You will find a link on each specific event page or your confirmation email that provides a range of hotel options through Connections.
- After booking, please send confirmation number and hotel to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must book BEFORE the event's registration deadline
Team Housing Instructions:
- Register for the event.
- Click link provided on the specific event page or confirmation email to book rooms through Connections Housing
- Send confirmation number for hotel to email@example.com after booking
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the "Housing" tab on our website