*PLEASE NOTE THE GEORGIA CUP MAY SELL OUT BEFORE THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Since its inception in 2013 the Georgia Cup has quickly grown into the highest profile circuit for travel basketball in the South. The Cup consists of three regular-season tournaments and a Finals, which also serves as the Georgia State Championship for US Amateur Basketball. Georgia Cup stops have usually between 100 and 150 teams and are covered extensively by our HoopSeen team. Please make sure to register early as most Georgia Cup tournaments sell out before the stated registration deadline.
The Georgia Cup Series is a proud member of US Amateur Basketball. ALL teams participating in the Georgia Cup Series MUST be registered with US Amateur Basketball. You can register using the link below.
Schedule & Format
All schedule requests for the Georgia Cup must be sent to us in writing, PRIOR to the registration deadline. Requests sent after the registration deadline WILL NOT be honored. Schedule requests will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that every schedule request may not be able to be accommodated so please be prepared to play Friday night at 6pm, as well as any other time throughout the weekend.
The format of our Georgia Cup Series is pool to bracket. Each team is guaranteed 3 pool games. Not every team will advance to bracket play.
Team coaches can get their coaches bands prior to their first game, at the location of their team's first game. Official Team Check-In will take place at Suwanee Sports Academy from the first game time Friday until 2pm Saturday. ALL teams MUST check-in at Suwanee prior to 2pm on Saturday. Teams that do not check-in at Suwanee will forfeit the remaining games in the Cup.
Here are the items needed for Team Check-In.
- Birth Certificates for EVERY PLAYER
- Grade Reports for EVERY PLAYER
- Official US Amateur Basketball Roster Sheet (only players on this roster sheet are eligible to play in the event)
Each team will be given up to 3 coaches bands. Make sure to keep your coaches bands on all weekend. Coaches who lose their bands MUST PAY. No Coaches bands will be given after 2pm on Saturday.
Click HERE for Georgia Cup rules.
HoopSeen is extremely excited about our continuing partnership with Connections Housing for the 2020 season. We have worked closely with Connections to provide you a range of first-rate, affordable hotel options just minutes from our main tournament venues.
ALL TEAMS OUTSIDE A 50-MILE RADIUS OF THE MAIN TOURNAMENT VENUE ARE REQUIRED TO STAY AT ONE OF THE PREFERRED HOTEL PARTNERS. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the main venue, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you may still book rooms using the link provided
**Teams that refuse to book hotels through Connections Housing will be disqualified from the tournament**
Out-of-area teams that have already registered to attend:
- Are required to book hotel rooms for all coaches and players through Connections Housing. You will find a link on each specific event page or your confirmation email that provides a range of hotel options through Connections.
- After booking, please send confirmation number and hotel to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must book BEFORE the event's registration deadline
Team Housing Instructions:
- Register for the event.
- Click link provided on the specific event page or confirmation email to book rooms through Connections Housing
- Send confirmation number for hotel to email@example.com after booking
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the "Housing" tab on our website