About the Georgia Cup
*PLEASE NOTE THE GEORGIA CUP MAY SELL OUT BEFORE THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Since its inception in 2013 the Georgia Cup has quickly grown into the highest profile circuit for travel basketball in the South. The Cup consists of four regular-season tournaments and a Finals, which also serves as the Georgia State Championship for US Amateur Basketball. Georgia Cup stops have usually between 100 and 150 teams and are covered extensively by our HoopSeen team. Please make sure to register early as most Georgia Cup tournaments sell out before the stated registration deadline.
The Georgia Cup Series is a proud member of US Amateur Basketball. ALL teams participating in the Georgia Cup Series MUST be registered with US Amateur Basketball. You can register using the link below.
Schedule & Format
IMPORTANT: This event will only take place Friday night & Saturday due to Easter. Because of this, we WILL NOT accept any schedule requests for this event, each team WILL play a game on Friday evening.
Each team will get at least 3 games and this will be a STRAIGHT BRACKET PLAY event.
Team coaches can get their coaches bands prior to their first game, at the location of their team's first game. Official Team Check-In will take place at Suwanee Sports Academy from the first game time Friday until 2pm Saturday. ALL teams MUST check-in at Suwanee prior to 2pm on Saturday. Teams that do not check-in at Suwanee will forfeit the remaining games in the Cup.
Here are the items needed for Team Check-In.
- Birth Certificates for EVERY PLAYER
- Grade Reports for EVERY PLAYER
- Official US Amateur Basketball Roster Sheet (only players on this roster sheet are eligible to play in the event)
Each team will be given up to 3 coaches bands. Make sure to keep your coaches bands on all weekend. Coaches who lose their bands MUST PAY. No Coaches bands will be given after 2pm on Saturday.
Click HERE for Georgia Cup rules.
HoopSeen is extremely excited about our partnership with Connections Housing for the 2019 season. We have worked closely with Connections to provide you a range of hotel options in the area at the most discounted price offered. ALL TEAMS OUTSIDE A 50-MILE RADIUS OF THE MAIN TOURNAMENT VENUE ARE REQUIRED TO STAY AT ONE OF THE PREFERRED HOTEL PARTNERS. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the main venue, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you may still book rooms using the link provided
Out-of-area teams that have already registered to attend:
- Are required to stay in one of the official hotels in order to participate in the event. No exceptions.
- Are required to book for AT LEAST 1 night
- Must provide a Hotel confirmation number within 48 hours of tournament registration. Please send all confirmation numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Teams that refuse to book hotels through Connections Housing will be disqualified from the tournament**
Team Housing Instructions:
- Register for the event.
- Click link provided on the specific event page or confirmation email to book rooms through Connections Housing
- Send confirmation number for hotel to email@example.com within 48 hours of registration
Questions? Contact jjohnson@connectionshousing.