About the 2019 Best of the South
HoopSeen will run the Best of the South basketball travel team tournament at the Georgia World Congress Center July 11-14, 2019 in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. The event will be the single largest tournament in the country for non-sponsored teams during the important live July NCAA recruiting period. Nike will play host to the Peach Jam in nearby Augusta and the Under Armour Finals will be in the north Atlanta suburbs in Emerson. Georgia will be the epicenter of the NCAA recruiting period in July. There will be 35 courts under one roof at the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta, the most convenient travel city in North America.
Travel teams can’t gamble with their schedule in 2019. We believe this is the stage where they can get it right and have their players compete on the best stage in the country.
The Georgia World Congress Center serves as a meeting space for some of the biggest sporting events in the world, including the 2019 Super Bowl and the 2020 Final Four. The surrounding area is home to the Mercedes Benz Stadium, Phillip Arena, College Football Hall of Fame, CNN Center, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, Home Depot Backyard, and many other tourist destinations.
Media can request credentials for the event by submitting their information HERE.
College Coaches can Pre-Purchase Coaches Books HERE
Important NCAA Certification Links
- NCAA Basketball Certification Website - this page includes links to user resource quick-reference guides and manuals including guidelines and step by step instructions for participants
- The NCAA Basketball Certification System - team organizations, coaches, and athletes need to be registered in this database. (Returning coach and athlete users should RENEW their previous account and NOT create a new one.)
- USA Basketball Gold License - all individuals involved in coaching activities will need to obtain a USAB Gold License. (Returning users should RENEW their previous account and NOT create a new one.)
Schedule & Format
The 2019 Best of the South will be the single largest tournament in the country for non-sponsored shoe teams, because of this we WILL NOT accept any schedule requests for this event. Teams will be traveling from all over the country to attend this event. Each team must be prepared to play every day and at every game time.
The format of the 2019 Best of the South will be pool to bracket. Each team is guaranteed at least 4 games.
HoopSeen is extremely excited about our partnership with Connections Housing for the 2019 season. We have worked closely with Connections to provide you a range of hotel options in the area at the most discounted price offered. ALL TEAMS OUTSIDE A 50-MILE RADIUS OF THE MAIN TOURNAMENT VENUE ARE REQUIRED TO STAY AT ONE OF THE PREFERRED HOTEL PARTNERS. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the main venue, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you may still book rooms using the link provided
Out-of-area teams that have already registered to attend:
- Are required to stay in one of the official hotels in order to participate in the event. No exceptions.
- Are required to book for AT LEAST 1 or 2 nights (depending on the event)
- Must provide a Hotel confirmation number within 48 hours of tournament registration. Please send all confirmation numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Teams that refuse to book hotels through Connections Housing will be disqualified from the tournament**
Team Housing Instructions:
- Register for the event.
- Click link provided on the specific event page or confirmation email to book rooms through Connections Housing
- Send confirmation number for hotel to email@example.com within 48 hours of registration
To reserve Hotel rooms please Contact nhallberg@connectionshousing.