HoopSeen will run the Best of the South basketball travel team tournament at the Georgia World Congress Center July 9-12, 2020 in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. The event will be the single largest tournament in the country for non-sponsored teams during the important live July NCAA recruiting period. Georgia will be the epicenter of the NCAA recruiting period in July. Every courts will be under one roof at the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta, the most convenient travel city in North America.
Travel teams can’t gamble with their schedule in 2020. We believe this is the stage where they can get it right and have their players compete on the best stage in the country.
The Georgia World Congress Center serves as a meeting space for some of the biggest sporting events in the world, including the 2019 Super Bowl and the 2020 Final Four. The surrounding area is home to the Mercedes Benz Stadium, Phillip Arena, College Football Hall of Fame, CNN Center, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, Home Depot Backyard, and many other tourist destinations.
Important NCAA Certification Links
- NCAA Basketball Certification Website - this page includes links to user resource quick-reference guides and manuals including guidelines and step by step instructions for participants
- The NCAA Basketball Certification System - team organizations, coaches, and athletes need to be registered in this database. (Returning coach and athlete users should RENEW their previous account and NOT create a new one.)
- USA Basketball Gold License - all individuals involved in coaching activities will need to obtain a USAB Gold License. (Returning users should RENEW their previous account and NOT create a new one.)
Schedule & Format
Due to the size of this event, we DO NOT accept schedule requests for Best of the South. Every team needs to be prepared to play at anytime throughout the weekend.
No refunds will be given after the Registration deadline.
Please be sure to read all Best of the South Rules & Regulations prior to participating.
HoopSeen is extremely excited about our continuing partnership with Connections Housing for the 2020 season. We have worked closely with Connections to provide you a range of first-rate, affordable hotel options just minutes from our main tournament venues.
ALL TEAMS OUTSIDE A 50-MILE RADIUS OF THE MAIN TOURNAMENT VENUE ARE REQUIRED TO STAY AT ONE OF THE PREFERRED HOTEL PARTNERS. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the main venue, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you may still book rooms using the link provided
**Teams that refuse to book hotels through Connections Housing will be disqualified from the tournament**
Out-of-area teams that have already registered to attend:
- Are required to book hotel rooms for all coaches and players through Connections Housing. You will find a link on each specific event page or your confirmation email that provides a range of hotel options through Connections.
- After booking, please send confirmation number and hotel to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must book BEFORE the event's registration deadline
Team Housing Instructions:
- Register for the event.
- Click link provided on the specific event page or confirmation email to book rooms through Connections Housing
- Send confirmation number for hotel to email@example.com after booking
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the "Housing" tab on our website
Any travel team coach with event specific questions should contact Tai Young at 470-266-8862 or email at Tyoung@hoopseen.com