About the Georgia Cup
*PLEASE NOTE THE GEORGIA CUP MAY SELL OUT BEFORE THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Since its inception in 2013 the Georgia Cup has quickly grown into the highest profile circuit for travel basketball in Georgia. The Cup consists of four regular-season tournaments and a Finals, which also serves as the State Championship for US Amateur Basketball. Most Georgia Cup stops have between 100 and 150 teams and are covered extensively by our HoopSeen team. Please make sure to register early as most Georgia Cup tournaments sell out before the stated registration deadline.
The Georgia Cup Series is a proud member of US Amateur Basketball. ALL teams participating in the Georgia Cup Series MUST be registered with US Amateur Basketball. You can register using the link below.
Schedule & Format
All schedule requests for the Georgia Cup must be sent to us in writing, PRIOR to the registration deadline. Requests sent after the registration deadline WILL NOT be honored. Schedule requests will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that every schedule request may not be able to be accommodated so please be prepared to play Friday night at 6pm, as well as any other time throughout the weekend.
The format of our Georgia Cup Series is pool to bracket. Each team is guaranteed 3 pool games. Not every team will advance to bracket play.
Please email schedule requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team coaches can get their coaches bands prior to their first game, at the location of their team's first game. Official Team Check-In will take place at Suwanee Sports Academy from the first game time until 2pm Saturday. ALL teams MUST check-in at Suwanee prior to 2pm on Saturday. Teams that do not check-in at Suwanee will forfeit the remaining games in the Cup.
Here are the items needed for Team Check-In.
- Birth Certificates for EVERY PLAYER
- Grade Reports for EVERY PLAYER
- Official US Amateur Basketball Roster Sheet (only players on this roster sheet are eligible to play in the event)
Each team will be given up to 3 coaches bands. Make sure to keep your coaches bands on all weekend. Coaches who lose their bands MUST PAY. No Coaches bands will be given after 2pm on Saturday.
Click HERE for Georgia Cup rules.
HoopSeen Tournaments are stay-to- play tournaments for all teams more than a 50 mile drive to Suwanee Sports Academy. Connections Housing is the official housing provider for HoopSeen and will provide all the information necessary for your team(s) to book accommodations. Note, if your team resides within 50 miles from the Suwanee Sports Academy, you are exempt from the Stay-to-Play policy. However, if you need hotel rooms for any night of your stay, you can still request a block of rooms.
Out-of- area teams that have registered to attend:
- Must reserve through the Connection Housing and
- Are required to stay in one of the official hotels in order to participate, No Exceptions.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CONTACTING ANY HOTEL DIRECTLY
TEAM HOUSING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Once you have registered, you will receive a Welcome Email from Connections Housing with a hotel block request form and a list of participating hotels
2. You will choose your top 4 hotels (ranked 1-4) and return to Connections Housing for review
3. Your block will be assigned and you will receive a confirmation email with your block information including deadlines and cancellation information.
4. Forward this email to your parents/attendees so they can book their rooms (if applicable)
Questions? Contact email@example.com